Wednesday, 12 March 2014

end of an era?

Dear cyber space friends,

Recently I have been feeling as though this blog isn't doing what I want it to do anymore.

I can't say for sure what it is I do want it to do, but something no longer feels as harmonious with me as it once did.

Maybe it's because, since 2009 things have changed and I have changed. I feel a little sad, I also feel a little confused.

I have tried to be private, although I'm a naturally open person, and whilst I've spoken about my trials and tribulations as a parent I feel that a level of privacy is needed now as my youngest grows older, because as we know, the internet and what we write and say on it is open to one and all. Something simply doesn't quite feel right any more.

I know I have touched people with the things I've written - and that's what I wanted to do; offer a beacon of light and hope maybe to others as I foraged for my own beacons of light and hope (and believe me they have manifested).

I am doing many of the things I've dreamt of doing, but like all things, the dreams grow and expand, the directions one takes, begin to point the way forward to new directions as the journey is taken - and that's what's been happening with me.

I choose at this time to expand my art into the realms of my widest possible hopes and imaginings. I choose for it to develop down pathways I haven't yet even scoped, but I know those won't show themselves unless I show up 100% in all my possibility. And I am feeling now is the time to do this. To show up, to make the space and to allow greater things to come through.

It is hard running an artists run space, but at the same time it's been one of the best things - a dedicated space to engage and create dialogue/s in their entirety. I am lucky. And I'm so grateful, but I know it also needs nurturing to survive, like anything does, and I would like to nurture the art and all of these projects more, and each of these require time and energy. And there is still much time and energy that goes in to parenting and the side-products of this. I feel wiped often and whilst blogging does not feel a chore, I'm aware that I haven't been posting as frequently as I once did.

I realise this is also a cycle that other bloggers go through too. I need to time to withdraw, to reflect and gather my breath and a new perspective on things. Maybe things will change again, maybe I will find a new place in the cyber-sphere to write, or maybe I no longer need to write like I once did. I don't really know the answers, although answers are never static anyway - they change - and that's what it feels like right now. TIME FOR CHANGE.

I have revamped my website - you might want to take a look: www.ameliacritchlow.co.uk (and I'm still tweaking and adding currently!)

There are some additions there and you can see some of the things I've been up to that I hadn't figured out how to get up effectively on my old site.

If you find that this site goes awol temporarily it is because I am figuring out and reflecting. I tried turning it off today, but felt that I needed to explain to those of you who may still visit and read, and want to know what's happening. And thank you to each and every one of you who visited over the years, and commented, and joined my e-course (yes, whilst doing the changes I lost that part of my site too - strange or what?!), those who have emailed me personally, who I've met in person and those of you who frankly, have become friends in one way or another. You are all great :) 

You can always email me and see updates on my new site, and there is always artlacuna if you wish to know what I/we are up to and you can come and visit!

Maybe I'll have a change of heart, who knows? But that remains to be seen.

Amelia.x



7 comments:

  1. A Puffin Squawks
    My dear girl - Those of us who have followed '101 Birdtales' since the beginning, will miss the daily dip into your colourful life. We have been with you on the ups and downs of trying to live your dreams in the face of cold reality. Those of us who stay on the safe side of the fence, with our dreams firmly secured on the other, can only marvel at the tenacity and sheer courage you have shown in your determination not to be tamed, sanitised, pigeon holed, classified, stereotyped, or forced into the mould that society would find so much easier to understand - so much more convenient.
    However, you grow and things change, not just for you but for your followers too. I wholly respect the notion that the long speech you have been making since 2009, naturally came to it's end in 2014 - you have stepped off the podium, sat down and poured yourself a well deserved G&T.
    The new look website is gorgeous, I believe you sowed on all the sequins yourself so well done! Your faithful old dogs like myself will be keeping up with you there.
    Good luck with everything and thanks for the journey
    Squawk!
    LP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to see you go, but totally understand. I had a 365 blog for five years that I gave up at the end of last year. It just got to be too hard and repetitious, for me and I'm sure for those who were faithful followers. Sometimes we just need a break and do other things. Best of wishes on your new site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be sorry to see you go but I can always stop by to peruse your archives for artful inspiration =-)

    I peeked at your new website and it looks wonderful, so I can also stop by there for visual inspiration from your wonderful work.

    I hope all goes well in the days and weeks to come as you as the changes that are manifesting in your life move in positive ways for you! Thank you for all your blogging and sharing Amelia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really just want to say a big thank you for everything (fascinating blog, wonderful e-courses & personal support over the last couple of years.
    And wish you all the very best wherever your new ventures take you.
    Lots of Love
    D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll done for all the inspiration , learning, lists(!), honesty and possibility that you have brought with this space - good things round the corner :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to thank you for all the inspiration. I think you're the reason I went back to school at 56. To study art, of course.
    So thank you. I hope to meet you some day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Amelia
    I do so wish you well. I know you will be successful and hope to meet you again one day at ArtLacuna.
    Thanks for all the help and inspiration you have given me over recent years.
    Sue xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments