cheering me on - pink flowers in a birthday present jar from RSG
I am deep in the centre of s-l-o-w-i-n-g down purely because I can't run around like I normally do. This is what a knee operation can do.
The fertile ground, where I can 'run around', becomes my mind and little pockets of my home.
Ideas are brewing, the garden is blossoming and I am having to take one step at a time.
So being slow allows:
- mindfulness (I am present in each moment as I simply can't rush on to the next thing)
- time to notice what's around me - nature is so very inspiring (but you knew that already right?) ;)
- books are amazing vessels of information, the following are being read or on my wish list:
The Art of Stillness: Adventures in Going Nowhere
Our Only World
How to Change the World
- clearing out is good and a brilliant energiser - small areas of my home are being transformed. Years of old papers cleared out. Would I normally do this one paper at a time? No, not really. But it does feel good afterwards
- hours on Pinterest planning my garden, my home, my studio - for when I can scurry once more
- plotting a sustainable, independent, re-imagined future for me and the planet. How can I fuse the work I love doing, the environment I feel passionate about, and health (I have learnt that unless a body is looked after it will begin to crumble....)? I am working on this whilst being s-l-o-w
- I have discovered the healing power of herbs. Thanks to Neals Yard Remedies I am sipping on Comfrey & Chamomile Tea each evening - apparently they're the herbs used to knit warriors bones back together - I want to re-train in herbalism (I'm always blown away by my latest discovery/interest and immediately want to become a practitioner in that!!) without my (or one's) health, other things don't take on as much interest as it's hard to appreciate them if not operating properly
- de-cluttering. Always good. Space for the new. Some things have been sold on ebay and others are listed on Amazon - I have enjoyed short trips to the post office to post things off in to the world
I am brewing more ideas and intend to be back again soon. What is going on in the world out there? What are you up to? Do tell me some stories as I feel a little hemmed in right now :)
PS. thank you so much for the well-wishes - very appreciated :)